You don't get a second chance to make a good impression! A home that stands out among similarly priced houses is the one that sells. The following suggestions for preparing your home to sell are worth the special attention.
* Lawn carefully mowed, edged, fertilized and watered.
* Trees and shrubs trimmed; flower beds edged, weeded and cultivated.
* Driveways and walks free of snow or grass clippings.
* Exterior house paint in good condition and clean, especially the front door.
* All door locks open properly and easily.
* Roof in good condition.
* Screens and screen doors repaired.
* All exterior lighting in working condition, with fresh bulbs.
* Absence of clutter in yard and driveway.
* Walls clean/unmarked, preferably freshly painted with neutral colors.
* Windows clean inside and out. This includes screens.
* All light fixtures working and fresh bulbs in each.
* Plumbing in good repair. No toilets running or sinks dripping.
* No cooking, smoking, pet or other objectionable odors.
* Sinks and tubs stain-free; faucets in good repair.
* Caulking in tubs and showers in good repair.
* All clutter removed from closets, attic, basement, garage, etc.
* Ask what should be boxed up to give your home a more spacious look.
Showing Your Home When your home is to be shown, we will always attempt to make an appointment with you, giving you as much advance notice as possible. I have listed some suggestions below to help make the best impression.
* Open draperies and curtains.
* Turn on enough lights to brighten every corner, day and night.
* Remove dirty dishes.
* Make beds and put clothers away.
* Rooms dusted, vacuumed and clutter-free.
* Kitchens and baths sparkling clean; no clutter on counter-tops.
* Be sure TV and radios are turned off. Noise can be distracting.
* It's best to keep pets out of the house. Some customers may be allergic.
* Put away valuables such as jewelry and cash, or remove completely.
* Never enter into a conversation with a prospect. Verbal statements
could be binding.
* Let the Realtor who is showing your home answer any questions. We
are trained to do so.
* Never show your home without your agent present. It is not safe to do so.
We know who we are showing your home to. You do not.
Your cooperation will be appreciated and will help us close the sale more quickly.